Overview
  • Premier manufacturer of quality Material Handling Products
  • Innovation is key to our philosophy
The Back Story
  • Forging manufacturer since 1834
  • Campbell Chain Founded 1919
Claim to Fame
  • Over 90 years of product knowledge
  • A recognized leader
  • Highest standards of safety and strength
Game Changers
  • Grade 100 Alloy Chains and Fittings
  • Acquisition of premier fittings and lifting clamps companies
Overview

Campbell® offers a broad product portfolio of chain and related components used by consumers and professionals in hardware, agriculture, construction, marine, energy, mining, manufacturing and industrial applications.  Over the years, countless products have been added, including wire rope and chain fittings, drop-forged chain hardware, high quality tackle blocks, shackles, hooks, and much more.

Innovation is also a key element of the Campbell® philosophy.  Grade 100 chain was pioneered and developed by Campbell®, resulting in products that featured 25% higher working load limits, manufactured proof tests, and design strengths than Grade 80 chain products. This kind of innovation, combined with unparalleled technical support, expertise, and training, provides Campbell® customers with a level of satisfaction unrivaled in the industry.

See Campbell® on our Brand Timelines page
The Back Story

Our earliest history began in 1834, as  the Brewer Harness Company, a forging manufacturer in Cortland, New York.  In 1917 we acquired the interests of the Crandal Stone Forging Company and incorporated as the Brewer-Titchener Corporation.  Campbell Chain was founded in 1919 as Victory Chain Company. In 1922, George Campbell purchased the company and renamed it the International Chain Company.  In 1949, his sons took over the business and the name officially changed to Campbell Chain Company.

From 1939 to 1945, production concentrated on aircraft and gun forgings, antenna towers, submarine nets, parachute hardware, and a number of small forged items vital to the war effort.  For these, we received the Army-Navy Excellence Award.  In the 1950’s, Brewer-Titchener began manufacturing wire rope and chain fittings.  Over the past four decades, Campbell® has evolved into a premier manufacturer of chain, fittings, blocks, clamps and related material handling products.

See Campbell® on our Brand Timelines page
Claim to Fame

Campbell® is a trusted brand with over 90 years of experience in providing a full line of material handling solutions.  The brand is recognized the world over for its product quality and outstanding customer service programs.

Introduced to the market in 1992, Campbell®, pioneered the development of Grade 100 chain and fittings, providing chain users with lighter, more ergonomic chain assemblies.

Game Changers

Since the 1970s, Campbell® has been more than just a chain company.  In 1978, we acquired Brewer-Titchener, a premier forged fittings manufacturer, and Boston & Lockport Corporation, one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of high quality tackle blocks.  In 1979, we acquired Merrill Brothers product line of steel and steel plate lifting clamps.

This broadening of our product lines made Campbell® a major supplier to the world-wide construction, marine and industrial markets.